Creating Keepsakes Design Contest
MemoryBox Calendars is thrilled to partner with Creating Keepsakes, the number one source of inspiration and instruction for scrapbookers of all skill levels and styles, for our 2009 design contest.
Once you’ve created your MemoryBox Calendar, enter your design in our design contest and share your creativity with the world. Ten finalists will be chosen by the Creating Keepsakes editors and displayed on the Creating Keepsakes website during December. Winners will receive free MemoryBox calendars and other great prizes.
So show the world what you’ve got! Remember, you can place your own custom art and images on your MemoryBox cover and in any of the 24 windows. Simply convert any of your art to a .jpg format to upload. Click here to download a .pdf with the simple instructions and specifications for creating your own art and images.
How To Enter:
Once you are done creating your MemoryBox Calendar, simply hit the “Enter This Calendar…” Button below your Calendar info on the My Projects page. Your cover art and individual box messages and art will automatically be entered (you must have created a MemoryBox account and be logged in to enter).
No purchase required to enter. All entries become the property of Creating Keepsakes and MemoryBox Calendars and may be reproduced for promotional purposes. Ten finalists will be chosen by the editors of Creating Keepsakes and will be displayed at this link.
About Creating Keepsakes:
Creating Keepsakes is the leader in educating and inspiring digital scrapbook artists and we’re proud to be their partner on our design contest. The magazine offers useful scrapbooking projects, tips, techniques and solutions to help their readers bring their memories to life in fun and creative ways. They keep scrapbookers informed of the latest products and trends and teach them how to document the stories behind their photos, preserve memorabilia and use their supplies with flair in order to create scrapbook keepsakes that will be treasured for generations. For more information, visit www.creatingkeepsakes.com
1. Creating Keepsakes magazine (“Sponsor”) is offering an “Advent Calendar Design Contest” (“Sweepstakes”). No purchase necessary. A purchase does not improve your chances of winning. Void where prohibited.
2. Sweepstakes is open to all who are legal residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec). Employees of Sponsor and Prize Sponsor, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household are not eligible to enter.
3. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 P.M., Eastern Standard Time on November 22, 2009.
4. To enter, visit MemoryBoxCalendars.com/ck, and follow the entry information. Individuals may enter this sweepstakes by creating as many advent calendars as they would like. Incomplete entries are not eligible. Participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decision of the judges, which are final. All entries and requests become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. Ten finalists will be selected by Creating Keepsakes editorial staff. Finalists entries will be posted on CreatingKeepsakes.com on or around December 1, 2009. A potential winner will be selected from reader votes of the finalist’s entries taking place on CreatingKeepsakes.com from December 1 through December 20, 2009. The prizewinner will be selected by most votes received on or about December 21, 2009. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winner will be notified by phone or E-mail on or about December 22, 2009. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within fourteen (14) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place at random from entries received.
6. Entry deadline is November 22, 2009. Number of prizes: 10. Total approximate retail value per prize is less than $20. Sponsor makes no warranties with regard to the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or mutilated items and none will be replaced. The prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event a prize cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case Sponsor will award a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, within fourteen (14) days of notification, failing which the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected at random from entries received. If any prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected in the place of the disqualified person at random from entries received.
Entry constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, picture, likeness and city and state of residence for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without further consideration and for no additional compensation. The winner (or the parent/guardian if winner is a minor) will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, Compliance with Sweepstakes Rules and Release of Liability. All taxes on prizes are solely the responsibility of the winners.
All entrants release Sponsor, their affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents, and all others associated with the development and execution of this sweepstakes, from any and all liability from injury, loss or damage of any kind, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, resulting from participation in this promotion or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
8. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the E-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an E-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning E-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted E-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the E-mail address associated with the winning entry.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries.
The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any E-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
A complete list of prizewinners will be available at CreatingKeepsakes.com.
The Sponsor of this sweepstakes is Creating Keepsakes, whose address is 14850 Pony Express Road, Bluffdale, UT 84065.